The Selfhelp Home Health & Rehabilitation Center opened in 2015, offering a boutique rehabilitation experience with the highest quality of care. Here, clients can recover and regain strength and mobility after surgery or illness.
The Selfhelp Home is a 5-star Medicare-licensed facility maintaining the highest possible ratings by CMS and recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Best Nursing Homes for the past three consecutive years, 2016,2015, & 2014.
A Personalized Therapy Program To Meet Your Needs
During a hospital stay, ask for rehab at The Selfhelp Home. You’ll receive a customized, comprehensive therapy program that addresses your specific needs for recovery. Therapy is delivered by our expert team of dedicated medical professionals who truly care about helping you reach your goals.
A Boutique Luxury Setting
- State-of-the-art therapy gym
- All private suites with private bathrooms
- In-room accommodations for an overnight guest
- In-room dining option
- Complimentary WIFI
- Rooftop deck, beauty salon, movie theater and weekly live musical concerts
- Homemade Kosher Menu (non-certified)
While recovering from joint replacement surgery, fractures and other injuries and surgeries of the joints, we offer an intensive Orthopedic Therapy Program that uses the latest equipment and modalities. You’ll gain strength and mobility while building up physical endurance. With therapy up to 7-days-a-week and a state-of-the-art therapy gym, our highly skilled team of licensed therapists will work at your pace to reach your personal goals. We have been entrusted by some of the finest Orthopedic surgeons in the Chicago area and will work with your Doctor on a customized therapy recovery program designed to get you where you want to be.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is a specialized program for patients recovering from a heart attack or surgery or to treat complications from heart disease. Treatment includes a closely-monitored exercise program to increase your physical activity safely, a heart-healthy diet monitored by a registered dietician, and tools to manage stress — all tailored to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and reduce your risk for future complications.
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed to help patients with chronic breathing problems associated with chronic lung disease (COPD), emphysema, pneumonia and chronic bronchitis. We focus on giving you the tools you need to improve your overall quality of life, increase exercise and reduce shortness of breath.
Our results-driven Neurological Rehabilitation Program program is for patients who have suffered a stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, and other neurological disorders. By utilizing the latest recovery tools, your treatment is enhanced through ultrasound and E-stim. Our speech and occupational therapists work to help you regain functionality you may have lost, in addition to offering cognitive retraining and stress and depression management.
General Medical Rehabilitation
For treatment of wound care, cancer, infection control and management or other illnesses that require skilled nursing care, our around-the-clock nursing and experienced therapy team is by your side to help you recover and reach your goals.
Our Therapy Center
- Dedicated speech therapy room to address issues of speech, language, and swallowing disorders
- Simulated kitchen and bathroom for re-training of everyday activities.
- NuStep recumbent bike that ergonomically provides a total body workout
- SciFit Step One recumbent stepper to help build strength and endurance by providing simultaneous upper and lower body motion to work all the major muscle groups
- Electrical stimulation system used to stimulate muscles, alleviate pain, treat wounds and use with other therapy procedures
- Electrical stimulation & ultrasound treatments, a combination electrical stimulation & ultrasound to stimulate muscles, alleviate pain, treat wounds and use with other therapy procedures
- Thermal modalities and hydrocollator heating & cooling units used to reduce inflammation
- Hydrotherapy in a whirlpool spa for pain management and wound care
- Motorized parallel bars, free weights, stairs and other top-of-the-line equipment
- On-site medical equipment including a bladder scanner, ultrasounds, EKG, x-ray and bedside PIC line insertion
We accept Medicare and other types of private insurance. Please inquire within. Private pay rates are also available.
Call us to schedule a tour, or to find out more about insurance and admissions: 773-271-0300 or email us here.